Saturday, February 24, 2007

Morupuli (spicy curd/yogurt)



This is my hubby's favorite side dish. Usually I prepare this with kolumbu (Tamil) / kuttu (Kannada) . With kolumbu its good combination.

This is recipe I learn't it from my chitti ( aunt). She makes especially with avarekai(French Beans) kolumbu .

I will post the recipe of kolumbu in next week.

Total preparation time 5-10 min.

You need to grind
1/4 cup fresh coconut or dry coconut
coriander powder 4-5 tbs
a small piece of tamarind
5-8 red chili
Mustard seeds 1/2 tbs
turmeric a pinch
Asafoetida a pinch
a rice one tbs for thickness
curd 1 cup
salt


For seasoning

1 tbs of oil
1 tbs mustard seeds
2-3 curry leaves
pinch of Hing


For Garnish
coriander leaves


Method


Grind the above ingredients expect crud... make a smooth paste.


























Now add curd to this smooth paste and mix it well



Give the seasoning & garnish with coriander leaves..


0 comments: